Sunday, January 29, 2012

if I have not charity?



1 Corinthians 13:2
And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity I am nothing.

The strength received from my Holy God can be enlightening to my soul. I can walk forward in confidence at times with a faith unshakable, and determination unstoppable, but without love, the Word says it is all in vain.

The world needs and must see His love in our every action . When we feed the poor,visit the sick,work at our jobs,drive down the road, check out at the grocer, we must be conscience of showing and pouring out His love. It is not an easy task in our own strength, our love is unfortunately; conditional,weak,selfish and shallow.
But our Father's love?...oh how deep! how wide! (...because of the GREAT love in which He loves us... Ephesians 2:4) it's steadfast(Deut. 7:9),enduring forever(Psalms 136:26).

Lets show everyone this deep, unspeakable,unconditional love! Every day. Let's meditate and think upon what He has done for us...how can we not love them and have not charity?

"O Father help us to show your charity, your love, your strength and compassion. That we may get out of the way and just you and only you will go forth out of our mouths and out of our hands, to be a worthy vessel for your work, not causing any to stumble. We thank you."


2 comments:

  1. You are great! I love you and I'm excited for an update on our trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessie, God's been speaking this same thing to me. It's so easy to get caught up in lists and completing your agenda that you can forget to include him in every part of your day. It leaves you feeling disconnected from Him, and you have to remember to draw back to Him again and let him lead you through the day. Only then will you be able to be the light of love God's meant for us to be to those around us. Thank you!
    ~Meg

    ReplyDelete